Barclays OFF Campus Drive 2023 Invites Students From Various Disciplines to apply for the Position of Data Engineer in Chennai, India. Below you will find more details about what you need to know if you are Interested and Eligible
Barclays Recruitment Details :-
|Post Name:||Data Engineer|
|Salary:||INR 8-10 LPA (Expected)|
|Job Location:||Chennai, India|
Job Description & Responsibilities:-
- Run, modify, update, test and help to automate some of our ETLs (Extract, Transform, Load). Some for large datasets.
- Run, modify, update, test and help to automate some of our business intelligence reports.
- Daily use of git, Hive, Python, PySpark, Jira, Microsoft Excel and confluence.
- Adhere to Agile / Scrum like ways of work.
- Support Data Discovery and Analysis.
- Support Data modelling.
- We are committed to development the candidate in their career either as Data Engineer or Data Scientist.
- What will you be doing?
- Run, modify, update, and help to automate our ETLs (Extract, Transform, Load) and business intelligence reports.
- Data Analysis and synthesis.
- Create reusable code in Python, PySpark and Hive. Set up different conda/pip environments, create and save code using git to further develop our repositories.
- Data Science team:
- Follow best coding and documentation bests practices.
- Participate in retrospectives, creation of strategy and stand ups, helping to develop the team.
- Promote a Risk-free environment for our products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science
- Quantitative discipline or proven experience on delivery of product on services on those lines.
- Able to pro-actively set up timelines, milestone with Product Manager and other members of the team.
- Awareness/Working skill level at : “Programming and build”, “Testing”, “Technical Understanding” and “Data Analysis and Synthesis”. Willingness to develop those to professional standards: up to working/practitioner. As in https://www.gov.uk/guidance/data-engineer .
Preferred Skill Set:-
- Dashboard tool such as Qlik Sense, Tableau or LoopUp.
- Agile / Scrum ways of work.
- Human Resources and Human Behaviour.
- Developing data products cycle. From working with large dataset in different formats (csv, xlsx, Json, parquet, Hadoop, Hive, SQL) or systematic report for customers.
- Statistic knowledge: such as logistic/linear regressions or t-tests.